By "Personal Information" (in some countries referred to as "personal data" or "personally identifiable information") we mean any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. This is broader than just information of a personal or private nature, and also includes information such as your name, date of birth, and e-mail address.
- Our websites
- Our official social media pages
- Our e-mails
- Our online and offline campaigns
- Your conversations or correspondence with our representatives.
Throughout this document, we will refer to our online activities as "Sites" and to our offline activities as "Services".
We only collect, use, disclose or otherwise process your Personal Information where it is fair and lawful to do so.
If you do not wish to provide your Personal Information to us, we may not be able to provide you with the products and services you have requested.
3. How do we obtain your Personal Information? Personal information obtained from you directly
Firstly, we may obtain your Personal Information from you directly, e.g. when you sign up for our newsletters, register on our Sites, buy a product from us, fill out a survey, make a comment or enquiry, post something on our social media pages, etc.
Personal Information collected this way may include:
- E-mail address
- User name
- Telephone number
- Credit card or other payment information
- Date of birth
- Product purchase and usage information
- Household information
- User-generated content, posts and other content you submit to our Sites
- Sensitive information such as information relating to your health and sex life
- Any other Personal Information you provide us with directly.Personal information collected automatically
- Information about your (mobile) device or your type of browser
- Information about the way you use our websites, such as details of the web pages you have viewed, the banners and the hyperlinks you have clicked, etc.
- Whether you have opened e-mails sent by us to you
- The websites you have visited before arriving at one of our websites
- Your IP address
- Information you choose to share by using social media tools incorporated in our websites
- If you have consented to this, your precise location dataPersonal Information obtained from other sources
Lastly, we may also collect Personal Information from other sources, such organisations that we work with who are authorized by you (or otherwise entitled) to share your data with us.
Personal Information collected this way may include income level, your interests such as hobbies and pets, consumer and market research data, purchase behavior, publicly observed data or activities such as blogs, videos, internet postings and user generated content.
4. For which purposes may we use your Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information for our business purposes such as
- Handling and managing your purchase, for instance to communicate to you with respect to your purchase, to process your payments, to deliver the purchased products and services, and to offer you the necessary customer service;
- Allowing you to participate in promotions, contests, surveys and polls;
- Allowing you to share information and ideas on our social media pages, forums, blogs and other communication channels, to participate in social sharing and to send messages to a friend through our Sites or the websites of our trusted business partners;
- Better understanding your needs in order to provide you with more relevant information, analyzing and evaluating our corporate activities, developing new products and improving our existing products and services, conducting market research and audits, identifying user trends and examining the degree of effectiveness of our marketing campaigns and degree of satisfaction of our customers;
- With appropriate permission telling you about our products and services, and sending you promotional materials (such as announcements relating to new products, promotions, savings programs, joint promotions and other programs) relating to our brands and those of our carefully selected trusted business partners;
managing our Sites, and tune the experience and content of our Sites to your previous activities on our Sites, in view of personalizing your experience when visiting our Sites;
- Responding to your requests or enquiries;
We do not sell your Personal Information.
We may create anonymous data records from Personal Information by excluding information (such as your name) that make the data personally identifiable to you. We use this anonymous data to analyse our products and services. We reserve the right to use such anonymous data for any purpose and disclose anonymous data to third parties, including but not limited to our research partners, in our sole discretion.
5. To whom we may disclose your Personal Information Intra-group sharing
We may use third party service providers to provide services to achieve our business purpose, including marketing agencies, market research companies, e-commerce fulfilment partners, software providers and merchants of RB products. These third party service providers are required not to use your Personal Information other than to provide the services requested by us.Acquisitions
We may disclose your Personal Information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary:
- In connection with any legal investigation;
- To comply with relevant laws or to respond to court orders, subpoenas or warrants served on us;
- To protect or defend our rights;
6. How we protect your Personal Information
We value the trust you place in us.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your Personal Information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access and against all other unlawful forms of processing.
When collecting or transferring sensitive information we use a variety of additional security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Information.
The Personal Information you provide us with is stored on computer systems located in controlled facilities which can only be accessed by a limited number of persons who have a need to know in order to carry out their tasks and any services requested by you.
When we process highly confidential information (such as credit card numbers) over the Internet, we protect it through the use of encryption.
7. Your choices regarding direct marketing
We may periodically send you free newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our products and services which we believe are useful for you.
If you do not wish to receive such communications anymore, you will always have the opportunity to "opt out" by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in each of our direct marketing e-mails or by contacting us directly (please see contact information below).
8. How to access, correct or delete your Personal Information
We strive to keep your Personal Information accurate and up-to-date.
We provide you with reasonable access to your Personal Information and the possibility to review this, and request correction and deletion where appropriate.
In order to protect your privacy, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to your Personal Information.
The Personal Information we hold about you can be consulted and modified by following the instructions on the Site concerned or by contacting the Data Protection Officer. We will respond to your access request within a reasonable period of time, and in accordance with any terms specified by applicable law.
9. How long we retain your Personal Information
We will only retain your Personal Information as long as reasonably required for the purposes as communicated above.
Most of our Sites are not directed towards children and we request that children below the age of 18 do not provide Personal Information through our Sites.
If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 18 who has registered on one of our Sites, or who you believe has otherwise provided Personal Information to us, please contact the Data Protection Officer to have the information deleted. Information voluntarily provided by children via e-mails, message boards, chat sessions etc. may be used by other parties to generate unsolicited e-mails. We encourage parents and legal guardians to inform children about how to use the Internet in a safe and responsible manner.
11. Transfers to other countries
Your Personal Information may be transferred to and processed in other countries where laws governing the processing of Personal Information may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
We have implemented strict procedures and controls in order to ensure that your Personal Information is protected adequately regardless of the country where it is stored or otherwise processed.
By using our Sites and Services, you consent to your Personal Information being transferred and processed this way.
13. How to contact us
You can contact us by sending an e-mail to by sending a letter to the Data Protection Officer, RB UK Commercial Limited, Wellcroft Road, Wellcroft House, Slough, SL1 4AQ.
This Privacy Statement is effective as of 6 Dec 2016
2016 RB UK Commercial Limited. All rights reserved.